In the course of developing this digital library, a series of questions developed and many have been answered through research and the efforts of the collaborators who contributed.
These are some unanswered questions, if you know the answer please let the project librarian know.
- When did the Castle first get a Telephone?
- When was Hamburg first electrified as a community? What impact did that have on the Castle Historic District?
- Exactly when was Thomas Edison at the Mill area?
- Did any famous visitors tour the castle? With over a million visitors, can anyone name any noteworthy guests?
- How much time did Joseph Urban spend at the site itself?
- Are there any images of Joseph Urban at the Castle?
- When did Hamburg officially adopt it’s tagline – The Children’s Town?
- Does anyone have the recipe for the gingerbread sold?
- Does anyone have the original tour script?
- Does anyone have the clipping of the opening of the Hamburg School Library in the 1960′s?
- The history of lost amusement parks of New Jersey should be linked to this site in the future.
- The other uses of the Castle, post its time as an amusement park, were outside the scope of this project but can be explored in the future.
- Does anyone have a comprehensive history of the spice ginger, and I do not mean a singer, rather the culinary spice?
- Plans to host a Milk-Bone “tasting” for a Beagle are still in the works.
- Many phone interviews still need to be completed, with Train Conductors, Hansels, Gretels — too many to name, but we will call you!
- Remaining Fairy Tale Jokes need to be loaded.
- The Gingerbread Castle Cake and Custom Cookie Orders.
- Obtain article that appeared in May 1934, Architecture Magazine, 39 page Tribute to Joseph Urban.
- Research Nyholm and Lincoln Photography Studio; they captured the Castle at the Opening.
- Continue work with NJ Digital Highway.
If you have answers, give a shout out below. If you have MORE questions, shout that out too, in the box below. Need to keep those librarians busy helping find and organize information.